Call for Applications for the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI), 2013-2015 (Deadline: 23/08/2013)
The Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF), in cooperation with its partners the Center for Reproductive Rights (CRR) and the Network of East-West Women (NEWW), and in cooperation with representatives of the Euroregional Center for Public Initiatives (ECPI) are pleased to announce the Call for Applications to participate in the training programme of the Fifth Round of the Women’s Human Rights Training Institute (WHRTI), 2013-2015.
The Institute is a unique initiative founded by the three partners in 2004 and it is the first-of-its-kind programme aimed at building and developing the capacity of young lawyers from Central and Eastern European and the Newly Independent States (CEE/NIS) for litigation on women’s rights issues, including:
- violence against women,
- sexual and reproductive health and rights, and
- employment discrimination.
Twenty participants will be selected among practicing lawyers and legal counselors working with human rights or women’s rights NGOs in the region. The successful candidates should:
- have a substantial and sustainable interest and a demonstrated commitment to women’s human rights advocacy and to using the law creatively to secure redress for women’s rights violations.
- have a professional relationship/affiliation for at least one year prior to the application with an institution/organization that has capacity to litigate women’s rights cases or has experience with litigation and preferably focuses in its work on women’s human rights.
- have demonstrated interest and basic knowledge of the international universal and regional human rights law, legal standards and instruments,
- be committed and available to actively participate in all the four sessions of the Institute (approximately one week every six months) and to be involved in the intersessional work.
- have fluency in written and spoken English, and advanced English language comprehension.
The completed WHRTI application form and all supporting documents must be sent to the Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (BGRF) by 23 August 2013
by e-mail: email@example.com
by mail: Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation, P.O.Box 938, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
The applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted by 5 September 2013.
The final selection will be done by the middle of September 2013.
The First session of the WHRTI 4 is planned for November 2013.
For more information, please click here.
To download the application form, please click here.