Cartier Women's Initiative Awards 2010
Women entrepreneurs of any age, nationality and industry may participate in the competition.
The project to be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards must be:
* An original for-profit business creation, wholly conceived of by the team;
* A completely new concept, meaning it cannot be a buy-back, off-shoot, or a subsidiary of an existing concept;
* In the initial phase: the project has not been launched yet OR is still in the first stages of its development (no older than three years);
* The main leadership position must be filled by a woman. A good command of English is required (both verbal and written);
* All entrants must be aged 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older, on the day of the application deadline March 10, 2010.
The projects are evaluated by the Jury in accordance with fixed criteria including but not limited to:
* The creativity of the business concept: the degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept, is it an interesting and appealing approach to the problem?
* The sustainability of the business: the financial potential, will the business be financially viable and successful?
* The social and / or environmental impact: the effect on society of the business, in terms of jobs created or its effect on the immediate and broader environment.
* The overall quality and clarity of the material presented.
To apply, candidates need to fill in an online application at: http://www.cartierwomensinitiative.com/cms/the-awards/application.html