The Network of East-West Women organized the training called: “The New Instruments of the EU Development Policies and their monitoring in the Region of CEE/CIS”. The meeting took place in Gdańsk, Poland, from September 17th till 19th, 2007.
The seminar answered a strong need for an EU development policy monitoring by enabling NGOs from the Region to engage more effectively with the EU Development Policy Debate and in consequence to improve the situation of women in CEE/CIS.
Photos from the workshop can be watched at the web page: » In Pictures
Program of the EU – CIS Gender Watch Training:
Day 1, September 17th, 2007
by Justyna Janiszewska, Education for Democracy Foundation
Day 2, September 18th, 2007
Official Development Assistance (ODA) in project countries
- Donors and Recipients - ODA in project countries,
- Sharing participants’ knowledge and opinions.
- ODA - a bit of a theory,
- International standards and reality of ODA.
NGOs and monitoring ODA
- Monitoring of ODA;
- Role of NGOs in monitoring and advocacy on ODA.
- Sources of information;
- Planning for future actions.
by Maja Branka, idea zmiany
The Art of Presentation
- Building credibility
- Non-verbal communication.
- Basic rules of presentations
- Preparing presentations
- Presentations recording
- Feedback session
Day 3, September 19th, 2007
Documents and materials:
by Zofia Lapniewska,the Network of East-West Women, Polska
European Neighborhood Policy Instrument and Gender Perspective
- ENPI Introduction;
- Presentation of the new financial instruments;
- Participant’s experiences concerning ENPI;
- Last year’s reports presentation;
- General impression (old/new instruments and their influence on gender), what is present, what could be changed, how we can be involved?
- Discussion on future cooperation.